Check out these fun kid-friendly activities this spring of 2018.
Spring has sprung and with the new season comes a number of new activities. The Bay Area is an excellent place to live if not for its beautiful scenery and diverse culture but for all of the family fun, it has to offer year-round! Here are some of the best activities you and your fam will not want to miss this spring.
1. Head to the Bay Area Children’s Theatre to find buried treasure with Judy and Stink, based on the Judy Moody books by Megan McDonald. You can catch Judy Moody & Stink: The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt in Berkeley every weekend all weekend long, between now and the end of April. After April 29th, you will have to catch the show in San Francisco through the end of May.
2. Check out Sunday Streets, an annual series of events that seek to reclaim streets that are typically congested with cars for community health with fun, free activities provided by local small businesses, community groups and local nonprofits. Sunday Streets will be in Bayview on April 15 and Tenderloin on May 6.
3. Head to the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival from April 14 to 22 to see a plethora of traditional Japanese performances, cherry blossoms and colorful butterfly floats!
4. For the older kids, head over to BADM’s three-part STEM Superhero Series to hone in on technology skills while wearing superhero capes! The festival weekends are April 14-15 and will include Everyday Heroes, May 12-13 and will include Planet Protectors and June 9-10, including Amazing Athletes.
5. The newly-opened Randall Museum will host Bug Day on April 21 where you can celebrate all things insect-related. From art and science activities to games and the chance to touch real exotic bugs, your kids will squeal with delight while you shudder as they touch things that make you squirm.